Plastic bag production lines offer cost-effective and efficient solutions for the high-quality manufacturing of bags in various industries. Proper planning is crucial to success in this field.
Table of Contents
1.Plastic Bag Production Line
The plastic bag production line typically consists of several stages and different equipment. Here is an overview of some of the main stages that make up the plastic bag production line:
1.1 Loading Plastic
Loading plastic is the first step in plastic bag production, and involves loading raw plastic into the machine used to manufacture the bags. Various sources can be used to obtain raw plastic, including plastic pellets, plastic sheets, plastic wires, and plastic pipes.
The raw plastic is stored in containers or large bags, and is loaded into the machine using a range of different equipment and tools, including hydraulic clamps, conveyor belts, elevators, and hoists. These equipment need to be operated correctly according to the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that the plastic is loaded smoothly and safely.
It should be noted that the process of loading plastic must be carried out carefully to avoid any injuries or damage to the machines or raw plastic. Therefore, necessary safety precautions and safety training should be provided to the workers involved in the plastic loading process.
1.2 Heating and melting
Heating and melting are essential stages in the production of plastic bags, where the raw plastic loaded into the machine is heated to a high temperature until it melts and becomes liquid.
Modern machines are available in several types that differ in the method of heating and melting, including:
Machines that rely on electrical heat: These machines are the most commonly used in the process of manufacturing plastic bags, as they contain electric heaters that heat and melt the plastic.
Machines that rely on convection heat: These machines use convection heat to heat and melt the raw plastic, using steam or hot air.
Machines that rely on external heat: These machines use external heat to heat and melt the plastic, using flames or infrared radiation.
It should be noted that the heating temperature must be carefully determined according to the type of plastic used and the manufacturing method, in order to ensure high-quality results in the process of manufacturing plastic bags.
1.3 Bag Formation
After the heating and melting stage, plastic bags are formed using a machine by following the following steps:
- Passage of the molten plastic through the mold: Where the molten plastic is passed through a mold containing openings through which the bags are formed.
- Cooling: The formed bags are rapidly cooled by the cooling system in the machine, in order to stabilize their shape and freeze them in the proper position.
- Cutting: The formed bags are cut by a cutting blade installed in the machine, according to the specified dimensions of the bags and the size of the mold.
- Packaging: The bags are automatically packaged using packaging machines, where the bags are placed in ready-made containers and boxes for marketing.
It should be noted that the correct pressure, temperature, and speed of formation should be maintained to obtain high-quality plastic bags. The production factors are adjusted according to the type of plastic used and the required bag size.
1.4 Cutting and Forming
The process of cutting and forming plastic bags occurs after the forming stage and includes the following steps:
- Cutting: Plastic bags are cut into different sizes and shapes using a cutting machine, which is precisely adjusted according to the required size and shape of the bags.
- Forming: The forming process is done using a forming machine, where plastic bags are formed into a circular, square, or any other shape desired by the customer. This process is done by placing the bags in the appropriate mold and applying high pressure to shape them according to the required shape.
- Welding: Plastic bags are welded to close them and secure the contents inside using a welding machine. The outer edge of the bags is heated and permanently fused together under pressure.
It should be noted that any errors in machine settings can lead to bags that do not meet technical specifications. Therefore, continuous monitoring and control of the forming and cutting process are necessary.
Plastic bags are commonly used in promoting brands and companies, carrying logos and promotional phrases to attract customers. Therefore, the printing process on plastic bags is an important part of the production process.
Plastic bags can be printed using various techniques, including:
- Screen printing: This process is done using screens where ink is applied and passed through the screen onto the plastic bags. This technique produces high-quality images.
- Flexo printing: This technique applies ink onto the plastic bags using printed cylinders. It is known for its speed and efficiency for large-scale jobs.
- Offset printing: This printing technique is used for printing on heavy plastic bags and large-scale projects. It involves transferring the image from the printing plate onto the plastic bags using a set of cylinders.
The appropriate printing technique is chosen based on the size, quantity, shape, and desired design of the plastic bags as well as the customer’s requirements. The number of colors used in printing, the level of quality and details required for the design are determined. The use of the correct ink is essential to ensure good print quality and image stability.
After forming and printing plastic bags, they must be filled with various products according to their intended use. Plastic bags can be filled with different types of products, such as food, chemicals, industrial products, and others.
The packaging process varies depending on the type, size, and shape of the product. The most important steps in the packaging process include:
- Determining the appropriate size of the plastic bags for the product to be packaged.
- Placing the product in the plastic bags and making sure not to exceed the maximum load capacity.
- Securely closing the plastic bags using various methods, such as metal caps, adhesive tape, or heat sealing.
- Placing the filled plastic bags in suitable boxes or containers to facilitate storage and transportation.
Packaging and filling must be done in a way that preserves the safety of the products and protects them from external factors, such as moisture, dust, and damage, and ensures that they are presented to customers in good and healthy condition. It is also necessary to comply with the approved health and environmental standards in packaging and filling to avoid any negative impact on the environment and public health.
2. Specifications of Plastic Bags Production Line
The specifications of a plastic bags production line vary depending on the required production capacity and the type of bags to be produced. Among the main specifications of this line are:
2.1 Production Capacity
Production capacity is the main criterion used to determine the specifications of a plastic bags production line, and it varies among different lines depending on the sizes and types of bags to be produced. It is estimated by the number of bags produced per hour, day, or month. Production capacity ranges from a few hundred to thousands of bags per hour, and in some cases, it may reach millions of bags per day.
Production capacity is determined based on several factors, including:
- Order size: Production capacity is determined based on the expected order size from customers and the number of bags they need.
- Bag type: Production capacity varies depending on the type of bags to be produced. For example, the production capacity for tea bags may differ from that of dry food or supermarket bags.
- Production cost: Production capacity may be affected by the cost of raw materials and energy used in production. For example, setting a high production capacity may increase production costs.
- Technical capabilities: The available technical capabilities of the production line should be taken into account to determine the appropriate production capacity. This includes the machines, equipment, and technologies used in the line.
2.2 Energy Used
The production process of plastic bags requires many different sources of energy, including electricity, gas, steam, and compressed air. The quantity and type of energy used vary depending on the type of production line, its capacity, production volume, and the equipment used.
The most important sources of energy used in a plastic bag production line are:
- Electricity: Electricity is used to operate various electrical machines and equipment in the line, such as CNC machines, cutting and forming machines, and others.
- Gas: Gas is used to operate heating and melting equipment, including natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas.
- Steam: Steam is used in some critical stages of plastic bag production, such as forming and cutting stages, and is usually generated by a boiler.
- Compressed air: Compressed air is used to operate machines that work under pressure, such as printing and packaging machines.
These sources require special facilities to obtain the required energy, and there are usually additional costs associated with generating and using these sources. It is important to ensure that energy is used efficiently and sustainably, and to improve the efficiency of energy sources to reduce environmental impact and improve economic performance.
2.3 Raw Materials Quality
The quality of raw materials used in plastic bag production varies according to the type of bags produced by the company and their different uses. Among the common plastic materials used in plastic bag manufacturing are:
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE): It is one of the most commonly used types of plastic in plastic bag manufacturing, characterized by its toughness, strength, and durability. It is often used in the production of bags used in packaging.
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE): Another type of plastic used in plastic bag manufacturing, characterized by its flexibility, smoothness, and transparency. It is often used in the production of lightweight bags, food bags, and pharmaceutical products.
- Polypropylene (PP): Another type of plastic used in plastic bag manufacturing, characterized by its strength, durability, and transparency. It is usually used in the production of shopping bags and bags.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC): A plastic that is characterized by its durability, strength, and moisture resistance. It is usually used in the production of practical packaging bags that are used in difficult conditions.
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET): A transparent and rigid plastic that is usually used in the production of tea bags, coffee bags, and ready-to-eat foods.
The selection of raw materials is based on customer requirements and the type of bags produced by the company. Careful selection of raw materials is necessary to ensure quality, durability, and flexibility to meet customer and market requirements.
It is also important to ensure the quality of the raw materials used, where the materials should have specific properties such as transparency, durability, flexibility, and printability. Raw materials should be inspected, analyzed, and tested to ensure that there are no defects or factors that affect the final product quality.
Proper storage of raw materials is also important, where they should be stored in a cool, dry, and pollution-free place. Avoid storing them in damp, hot, or sun-exposed areas to prevent harmful effects.
2.4 Forming and Printing Technology
Forming and printing technology is one of the fundamental stages in the production line of plastic bags, where the process of forming and printing the bags takes place after loading the raw material, heating it, and shaping it in specialized machines.
Forming technology is used to give the bags the desired shape, where the melted plastic is loaded into a forming machine and pushed into molds that bear the desired shape, and it is shaped according to the mold used. Forming technology can be used to produce flat, folded, or sealed bags.
The other technology used in the production line of plastic bags is printing technology, where this technology is used to print graphics and text on plastic bags, using specialized inks and printing machines for plastic.
Modern technology is used in printing on plastic bags, where digital printing technology can be used for direct printing on bags without the need to create a printing mold, allowing for greater flexibility in designing and printing bags.
3. Features of a production line machine
A production line machine for plastic bags offers several features that make it suitable for industrial use, including:
3.1 Increased productivity
A production line machine helps significantly increase productivity, as a large number of plastic bags can be produced in a short amount of time.
3.2 Time and effort savings
A production line machine is known for its ability to save time and effort required for manual production of plastic bags. It also requires only a small number of workers to operate.
3.3 Accuracy and quality
A production line machine ensures high accuracy and quality in the manufacturing of plastic bags, as it ensures consistent and precise forming, printing, and cutting.
3.4 Cost savings
A production line machine can save costs associated with plastic bag production, as it utilizes modern techniques to achieve efficiency and reduce waste.
3.5 Adaptability and Safety
A production line machine is adaptable to different production requirements, as bag size and shape can be easily and quickly changed according to customer requirements.
A production line machine emphasizes safety, occupational health, and environmental protection, as it contains a set of security and preventive measures to avoid accidents, injuries, and reduce environmental pollution.
4. Plastic bag manufacturing project and how to start in plastic bag manufacturing
The use of plastic bags has spread in all countries of the world and they are now used in many fields. Of course, in the modern age, plastic bags have become an integral part of consumer life. You will not go to a supermarket without carrying a plastic bag and you will not go to the markets for shopping without these bags. The daily consumption of plastic bags equals several times the population of the earth, and this confirms that the manufacturing of plastic bags or a plastic bag manufacturing project is a huge and profitable project that is very rare to lose if you build this project.
4.1 Advantages of Plastic Bags Manufacturing Project
The plastic bags manufacturing project has several advantages that make it one of the strongest modern projects. The most important advantage of the plastic bags manufacturing project is the availability of the product to the consumer in a very large and continuous manner throughout the year…
4.2 Advantages of Establishing a Plastic Bags Factory
- The plastic bags factory project is a profitable and necessary project in our daily lives, and it is indispensable.
- This project is required throughout the year and is not a seasonal project.
- The product of this project is used in almost all fields.
- Today’s project is highly profitable from both the manufacturing and marketing perspectives.
Is the plastic bags manufacturing project profitable?
Many businessmen ask about important factors and fundamentals before starting any project, including the percentage of profit returned from the project, marketing methods, and risk factors. However, for the plastic bags manufacturing project, it has many advantages, whether in the size of the profit returned or the ease of marketing and the availability of the consumer, in addition to the low risk factor, which makes it easy for any businessman to start a plastic bags manufacturing project with confidence.
In general, plastic bags are made from a material called polyethylene, which is also known as polyethene or polyethylene. It consists of very long chains of ethylene monomers.
We obtain the ethylene used in plastic bag manufacturing from the earth. While ethylene can actually be produced from renewable sources, it is mostly obtained either through crude oil or natural gas. Once the ethylene is extracted, it is then processed to become the polymer, and then polyethylene is produced. The first step in making plastic bags is extracting the raw materials. The raw material, polyethylene, can be obtained either from recycled oil or cracking gas. Drilling wells, like the ones shown above, are used to access these hydrocarbons, which are sometimes located 5-10 miles (8-16 km) deep below the earth's surface. This process, known as "fracking," involves injecting a mixture of water and chemicals into rock formations to release oil and gas. In case of any leaks, it poses serious environmental and human health impacts (such as cancer, birth defects, and liver damage). Once crude oil and gas are extracted, they are transported through pipelines to refineries. In these refineries, the petroleum is separated into different densities, allowing for the appropriate oil to be assigned for plastic production.
A semi-production line for plastic bags can be made, which consists of a plastic cutting scissors and a plastic compression machine. It is also possible to create a complete production line, which is better, but that depends on having a larger capital.
1. Film machine
This is the place where the raw material is placed to be manufactured and converted into a ready roll for bag production. This machine operates on 380-volt electricity, which is equivalent to 3 phases. Some of these machines come with a device for converting electricity (an inverter) to convert the electrical current from 380 volts to 220 volts. The production output of this machine is 400-370 bags every 12 hours.
2. Scissors The scissors cut 500-400 bags , and this also depends on the effort of the person working on it and the condition of the scissors. The older the cutter, the higher the production.
The prices of plastic manufacturing machines vary from one country to another in 2023, depending on the proximity or distance from manufacturers of these machines, as well as the addition of shipping costs to the price of the machine. This results in price disparities. and depend on the customer budget we at Rolan machinery price start from $15,000 To $70,000 Contact Us For More Details!
Need about 2 to 4 workers to operate the entire production line, with each 2 workers working in a 12-hour shift. We also need one worker for packing and filling, and it is preferable for the owner to be present to supervise the project himself.
The required area for the factory ranges from approximately 70 to 30 square meters, in addition to the importance of having extra space for storing raw materials and products of bags
Marketing plastic bags is very easy and easier than we imagine because it is a product that is in constant demand throughout the year and in all places.
• Ways to market plastic bags
1. Distribution to wholesalers
2. Making cards as promotion for the project
3. Promoting the project in hypermarkets and restaurants
4. Giving additional quantities for each order
5. It is possible to distribute the bags by yourself to save the salaries of promotion and distribution representatives, which increases profits
6. Hiring representatives to distribute and sell the product of plastic bags.